Saturday, October 13, 2007

Random Ideas

Many of my fans have been wondering where I went. I'm still here and still preparing for the big day, less than a week away. I was out of town on business all week, which kept me a bit busy.

I haven't received any further information from Austin Books and Comics (ABC) about the event. I just sent an email to Brad (the owner of ABC) with some questions. I am hoping to keep a webcam going for the entire event, so all my fans can check on me at any time. But I don't know if we'll have access to the internet.

I do know that the event will be held at the Laguna Gloria location of the Austin Museum of Arts. I've never been there, but it looks cool.

For my local fans, the event starts at noon on Saturday and ends at noon on Sunday. You are welcome to swing by and visit during the museum's normal business hours, which appear to be 11-4 daily. I'll let you know if there will be special visiting hours for the 24 Hour Comic event.

Ok, so a few random ideas...

I plan to buy large format drawing paper. So that I can draw the outline of a regular 8.5x11 inch page in the center and use the outer edges for sketching ideas and making story notes. At the end, I'll just cut out the center.

I need to start making a list of things to bring. Here's a start:

laptop computer
earphones for music
a pair of my shop ear protection - for drowning out all other sounds
pencils
pencil sharpener
erasers
pens
crayons
pastels
food and drink

I'm not sure what type of pencil and pen to use. I need to swing by an art store and try to remember what I used to use when I actually did art.

As for coloring. I probably won't get that far, but I wanted to plan for it just in case. I thought it would be kind of cool to do coloring in crayon. Pastels would also be cool. Kind of minimalist, at least compared to real inking.

No comments: